The Yale Drama Series competition only accepts submissions between June 1st and August 15th.
The Yale Series of Younger Poets competition only accepts submissions between October 1st and November 15th.
Please return to this site during the appropriate period.
Electronic submissions for the 2017 competition must be submitted no earlier than October 1, 2016 and no later than November 15, 2016. The submission window closes at midnight EST.
To enter the competition, please return to this site during that period.
RULES AND SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
The Yale Series of Younger Poets is seeking submissions for its 2017 competition. This contest champions the most promising new American poets. The winning poetry manuscript will be selected by the series’ current judge, critically acclaimed poet Carl Phillips, to be published by Yale University Press in the Yale Series of Younger Poets. The competition is open to emerging poets who have not previously published a book of poetry and who reside in the United States. Publication is contingent on the poet’s agreeing to the terms of the publishing agreement.
There is an application fee
of $25.00. Please follow these guidelines in preparing your manuscript:
1. Submissions must be original, book-length poetry manuscripts written in the English language. Translations are not accepted.
2. Poets may submit only one manuscript per year. Manuscripts submitted in previous years may be resubmitted.
3. The manuscript must be a minimum of 48 numbered pages and a maximum of 64 numbered pages in length. All manuscripts must be paginated. Each new poem must start a new page.
4. The manuscript must begin with unnumbered frontmatter: a title page that lists the title of the collection only; and a table of contents.
5. Begin paginating the manuscript after the frontmatter. If your book is divided into parts or has an epigraph, Page 1 will be the first part title or the epigraph. Otherwise, Page 1 will be the first poem.
6. In formatting the manuscript, please make legibility your first concern. Select a standard typeface (such as Bodoni, Garamond, or Times New Roman) in at least 10-point type. Manuscripts may be single-spaced, double-spaced, or 1.5 spaced.
7. Please omit your name, contact information, and biography from your manuscript file. Please enter the title of your manuscript, your name and contact information, and a brief biography where indicated in the electronic submission form. A fee of $25.00, payable by credit card or via PayPal, is also required at the time of submission.
8. The Yale Series of Younger Poets reserves the right to reject any manuscript for any reason.
9. The Yale Series of Younger Poets reserves the right of the judge to not choose a winner for any given year of the competition and reserves the right to determine the ineligibility of a winner, in keeping with the spirit of the competition, and based upon the accomplishments of the author.
For more information about the Yale Series of Younger Poets, please visit:
or email email@example.com
For technical support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (855) 467-8264 ext 2.